Conservation and Change of use
Working with an existing building is a simple form of recycling and though sometimes challenging the satisfaction achieved from restoring a building is most gratifying.
In an age of disposable consumer goods we are too eager to throw away and start again, but re-using an existing building is a commendable pursuit, particularly when it comes to preserving our residential, agricultural and industrial heritage and putting something redundant back to good use.
But working with existing important buildings requires care and experience to ensure that the historic fabric and context of the building is not lost, having worked on many listed buildings, barn conversions and in conservation areas we can help conserve and enhance these important buildings and areas for future generations.
- Listed Building Consent - with an extensive knowledge of working with listed buildings we appreciate what may or may not be permissible and can produce proposals that compliment the existing listed building.
- Conservation Area Consent - living and working in a historic rural town and surrounded by stunning countryside ingrained into our work ethos is a respect for the natural and built environment.
- Period Properties - renovating and updating old properties to become modern standard homes is a noble venture and we enjoy working with clients who have the vision and determination to work with these buildings.
- Barn Conversions - are a specialty of ours, we love preserving and transforming traditional rural buildings into modern stylish homes.
- Change of Uses - throughout the life of a building market forces and other factors can render a building surplus to requirement and we have extensive experience of securing permissions for the change of use of a building to another be it redundant factories, modern steel barns, offices, shops, hotels etc.