Commercial and Public Buildings
Commercial and Public Buildings are all about function and form, these buildings have to perform and have to stand up to the rigors of heavy everyday use. When approaching the design of these buildings we focus on the end user and their experience.
Even though a commercial building is built for business our belief is that the attention to aesthetics is no less important than it is to other buildings and whilst we have a realistic handle on the design practicalities we endeavor to design commercial and public buildings that are attractive with some character.
Having worked on village hall and school projects we understand the level of public involvement and can organize meetings, opinion poll surveys and presentations.
- Site Evaluation - typically these sites are brown field previously developed land and we look at how the existing site works and assess where improvements could potentially be made. Similarly if it is a new site we look at how the proposals impact can be minimized and efficiently achieved.
- Site Constraints - we look at the potential impact and assess the planning implications from a sites proposed development in respect of such things as traffic movement, contamination, flood risk and appoint the requisite consultant to prepare the necessary reports.
- Building Function - understanding how the building is to be used influences the design process and ensures that the proposal is fit for purpose.
- Planning Guidance - because of the potential impact of these buildings early engagement with planning authorities and other parties can be a vital part of the process and we are well versed with organizing early on discussions that lead into successful applications.
- Building Regulation Guidance - with bigger buildings come bigger costs and being mindful of budgets and the actual building method to be used early on is key to delivering a successful build project.